Monday, February 8, 2010

2010's First Plantings

The first seeds of 2010 have been sewn in my Minnesota garden (well, in my basement greenhouse in seed cells).

This year I am going to be using both the greenhouse and the grow light for various plants, as I learned last year that some of my flower varieties thrived much more in the greenhouse than under the grow light.

Thge first seeds that I have planted in the greenhouse include:

6 rows of Snapdragons (to make up for last year's painful drought)
2 rows of Cornuta mixed color Violas
1 row of Amber Kiss Violas
1 row of Swiss Giant Mix Pansies

I plan to use the snaps to brighten up the raised bed garden and maybe add a few in pots on the back deck. The violas and pansies will mostly be used in decorative flower pots on the front porch.

More to come as we anxiously await the arrival of the first signs of spring! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think we are past the last day of ground freeze here in southern Minnesota to ground plan or outside potted plants okay?

    ReplyDelete