Monday, May 25, 2009

Tomatoes are in!

Well I got the tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant in the ground this weekend. And much to my suprise- no hail storm so far! Yay! Well I guess we are supposed to get storms all week, but every time they say rain, we see none. It has been a very dry spring. So we shall see- no turning back now.

I also got some of the plants divvied up between my friend Sarah and my mom. Mother in law's plants are waiting until hopefully this weekend when she will be able to come get them. We've had a few casualties along the way (this week lost 1 celebrity and 1 bell pepper), but it's not the end of the world, that's why I always grow more than I need.

We have one cuke and 1 haricot verts that have germinated too. I still have to stake and cage the tomatoes before their roots get too big. Not a whole lot of excitement yet, but the hard part of gardening is done, and now it's just smooth sailing, watching everything grow and reaping the benefits. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment