Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Means Planting Time

And new garden accessories! Thanks Mom for this CUTE patina watering can pig! I think I'll call him "Wilbur." He is currently filled with Easter candy (yum!), but he will soon be an inspiration to my garden and will help me water the plants near the house.
Anyhow, today I got some planting done outside! I planted carrots, parsnips, spinach, lettuce (3 varieites), and sugar snap peas. Yay! I planted rather haphazardly, but that's why seed packets only cost $1- so that I can afford to thin the plants once they sprout!
On another happy note, my tomatoes have fully recovered from their slump! With a little fertilizer and an adjustment on the grow light, they've made huge improvements in just 1 week! I knew I loved fertilizer! :) Compare before (top 4/6) to after (bottom4/13):

No comments:

Post a Comment