Saturday, March 7, 2009

Planting Day

Today was the big day- I planted my tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants. I know it is still kinda early for the tomatoes, but I figure I have a good set up, they could grow to 2 feet and be pretty manageable indoors. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the grow light will help to keep everything short. So here's what I planted (by the number of plants today instead of rows):

2 Celebrity tomato
3 Grape tomato
5 Roma tomato
3 Brandywine tomato
2 Big Beef tomato
2 Giant Syrian tomato
1 Earl's Faux tomato
1 Lemon Boy tomato
1 Kellogg's Breakfast tomato
2 Todd County Amish tomato
3 Cherokee Purple tomato

3 Serrano chilies
2 Big Early Bell pepper (pictured)
5 Chilly Chili hibrid pepper (pictured)

5 Prosperosa eggplant

I decided to grow a few extra of the popular ones since last year my seedlings got pummeled by hail the day after I planted them and I want to have some back ups. I really only need one of each variety, but I like to start seeds for friends and family too, so my mom, mother in law, and friend will all get some plants as well (last year people didn't get too much as I needed the reserves).

Tomorrow daylight savings time begins- YAY! And next Sunday is the first day of spring- it has been in the high 30's and low 4o's this week- absolutely beautiful! I even trekked back to the garden today to check it out and there is still quite a bit of snow on 3 of the beds, but one is completely clear- well, not for long, expecting more snow and ice next week.

Anyhow, we're off and running here in Minnesota- here's to happy growing! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment